Be Encouraged Today!: Focus on the Good: Well Happy New Year!!! Another year has come and gone! We’ve had good times and not so good times. In life, the not so good times can ov...
Be Encouraged Today!: Casting Down Imagination/Bad/Negative Thoughts : "Now I know I'm the only one in the world that does this - get carried away with thoughts. Thank God I've learn to cast those negative though..."
Good Monday Morning! It was once told to me that if I repent fast; I'll grow fast. And I think that is due to us recognizing that we have done something that is not pleasing in the sight of God, and being able to catch it quickly and put it under the Blood of Jesus by repenting. This too is part of that fellowship He wants to have with us; this repenting. No one is perfect; though it may seem that a person has everything together on the outside, there are things that are going on that are not in eye sight. And if you see your brother or sister in sin, don't go discussing their faults with others least you find yourself in that very same destruction or something worst. Instead pray for one another. Lift them up in prayer and cover them. Love covers a multitude of sin. Did you put your armor on today? If not, then you have not taken the necessary precautions/means to protect yourself. It is very important that you remember to do this each and everyday. Though things ...
Well Happy New Year!!! Another year has come and gone! We’ve had good times and not so good times. In life, the not so good times can overshadow the good times. The not so good cut us the deepest and can be louder and longer lasting than the good times. Some of us dwell of the bad much more than we do the good. The Year 2015 has definitely given us plenty of bad stuff to dwell in our country. Racial tensions are the worst I’ve seen in my 39 years of living. Trust has diminished drastically with law enforcement. Unarmed black men being killed/gunned down by those who are serve and protect. Innocent people are being murdered in what should be the safest place on Earth – A Church. The Confederate Flag being removed that represents part of this country’s history – good and bad, but neither side tries to understand the other’s point of view. Terrorism is at an all-time high, and the trust of the Muslim community of our country is being scrutinized on every front, and perhaps t...
The Lord is great and greatly to be praise! Have you ever had the "blahs"; where you just don't feel like doing anything? All you want to do is those things that you have to do to live/survive; anything more than that is a chore; it is draining - you don't want to talk or do anything; I mean absolutely nothing. I've been like that this week. Maybe I just need a break I thought. I'll tell it on myself - I haven't been reading or praying or studying that much all this week. I'm not depressed or anything - just BLAH. I'm sitting here tonight , and I thought 'Now, how are you going to "encourage" people in the Lord when you're not putting yourself in a position to hear what the Lord would say?' OUCH! I thought 'Hey, I have some things that I want God to do on my behalf on my family's behalf. Just when God is about to open the door we may feel faint and want to give up and give in. We don't want to press ...
Good Friday Morning!!!! My heart will praise the Lord all the day long. Do you understand that every illness, sickness or disease that is upon the earth, that Jesus bore all of those things upon Himself so that we don't have to. The problem, I believe, is in our confession and processsion. These things are freely given to those that belong to Him, but for some reason do not use the (authority). Maybe you don't think you're worthy to be given these things or maybe you don't know you have this authority. This is why it is so important that you stay in the Word. Like I said earlier this week, people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge (the knowledge of the Word of God). Do you know how people get saved? In Romans 10:9,10 - If you confess with mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord of your life, and that He died on the cross for your sins, and arose on that third (3rd) day, then you are saved. It goes on to say that with the mouth you confess and wi...
Well praise the Lord. The first month of this New Year is about gone. Many of us have set goals, reaching for new opportunities and are making changes to better our lives. I have set health and fitness goals to eat better and tone this year. But so many times we focus on the outside, and we forget about the inside. Yes eating healthy is good for my inside, but I’m talking about our hearts, our spirit man. Fitness has never been a problem for me; I love my workouts and do them every day. I couldn’t say this about “feeding my spirit”. So I have set a goal of reading more of the Word of God and giving Him more of my time. We all get busy with life. We have our families, jobs, businesses, school, groups and clubs. We busy ourselves with so much stuff, but never slow down and give God the time He so greatly deserves. We want Him to be there when we need Him, but won’t even tarry with Him an hour. I am guilty of this. He wants to spend time with us, but we’re too busy. Take t...
Comments