Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dance, Dance Dance!

Hey There!
I tell you the Lord is good and worthy of our praises. I tell you the enemy is roaming about seeking whom he can devourer. He is throwing everything and anything he can at us using everyone and anyone he can to get us off of what God has for us, and off of what God has called us to do. But we WIN, and you have to know that you WIN! But when the enemy throws things at me, not only do I pray and bring things in line with God's Word (now, I don't always do this, but I'm am doing this in Jesus' Name), but I dance in the Lord every time I have an opportunity to do so.
The enemy tries to attack me every Sunday. I do not like being late. Almost every Sunday we are just making it on time. It use to hinder me from hearing and enjoying church. I love church, and I'd like to enjoy it when I attend. But it seemed like every Sunday morning something would happen right before church, and it use to steal my joy. Until one Sunday, I heard the Lord say "Just dance". It started out as a little side-to-side step; before song service was over, I was twirling and jumping. And now every time I'm at church I make it a part of my praise and worship to dance before the Lord.
When I dance before the Lord, anything that had been going on before church just melted away to nothing. My whole focus was on worshipping and praising the Lord. Talking about shaking off some heavy bands. I've always loved to dance even when I was in the world; I just dance for the Lord now (and goofy dancing with my 2 yr old daughter). Jeremiah 31:12:14 states :
12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD— the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. 13 Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. 14 I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty,"declares the LORD.
When we dance before Him, He will turn our mourning into gladness. He will give us comfort and joy instead of sorrow. Oh how blessed we are to serve such an awesome God. When things are going on all around you, yes pray, but also dance. In that same chapter in Jeremiah 31 verses 3,4 states:
3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, [a] saying:"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. 4 I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful.
Now God is no respecter of persons, if He did for the Israelites, He'll do it for us too. This means that He will build us up again when circumstances and situations have brought us down, and again we will take up the tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful. Our dancing before the Lord can cause the Spirit of God to fall in our lives; all around. It can break/destroy yokes we've allowed to be around our necks, hindering us from running the race before us successfully, from being all we can be in Christ Jesus
Ecclesiastes 3:4 tells us that there's a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. Now is the time to dance. Now is the time to put the devil back under our feet, and dance, dance dance!
Did you put your armor on today????
Be Encouraged Today!!!

No comments: