Monday, August 9, 2010

Distractions!!!!!

Hello Brothers & Sisters......

I just want to give you a quick reminder that we do have an enemy out there that is trying everything to keep us from God. I am here to urge you to make time for God everyday!!! EVERYDAY!!! I know that I am not the only one that has have or is having to deal with every day distractions. Not that these distractions are "bad things", but enemy will use anything to draw away from God. These last couple of days I would start praying, and someone would need something to drink, have to potty, needing changing or something. Yes, I know that these things are "normal" when you have children, a family you have to take care of, but even for my family it has been an unusually high volume of "distractions". Before I pray, I get everyone what they need - drinks, food, snack etc. I do try to get up before the little ones get, but someone would always wake up or wake up with me. I would be finishing my confessions up when I put the kids to sleep at night. During these last couple of days, I didn't even finish praying, and I would feel so bad because I know that God always takes the time to listen when His daughter Shan speaks. He so loves when I come to talk to Him, and I love to fellowship with Him. Boy, I sure am glad that missing a day of non-finished prayer doesn't takes me out of the race. I asked the Lord to forgive me for not completing my confession and our time to talk. We ask so much of Him, yet we aren't willing to give any of our time or not enough! We expect Him to answer our prayers, as well we should, but we should at least do what He asks us to do.

But we are not to give up! I don't care if I have to finish up my confessions when the kids go to sleep; I am going to pray and fellowship with the Father. I don't care how many times I have to start and stop, I am gong to finish! God understands, especially we who are married and have families, that we have other people and things that take up our time. 1 Corthinians 7 talks about when you are married you think about pleasing your spouse, but he/she that is not married has the time to spend pleasing the Father. This is not to give us married people a free pass, but there are things/distractions that come up in all of our lives that draw us away from God, and we need to identify what these things are. For me it's the kids, hubby and house, you name it! I can be praying, and my son is trying to put his fingers in my mouth. I need my mouth to pray. Sometimes I'm on my knees, and my daughter sits on my back - distracting! She sometimes starts to recite her ABC's, and she demands attention when she is speaking. My husband tells me to sit down sometimes because I am constantly picking up, or if he's at home I'll think of something I can do that I didn't get to do when it was only me and the kids. But these last couple of days, I had fallen back in that old groove of doing everything, and putting God of the back burner. I got up this morning, before the kids woke up, and I was determine to pray. I can't afford to not pray! I have to many things/prayers I want answered. I can't afford to not do what God has instructed me to do. I can't! There are so many things in God's Word that I want manifested in my life. I want to see them, and I will! My very life on this earth/eternity depends upon it! I had let the cares of this world draw me away. I can not do that. My son woke up before I finished praying this morning. I loved on him for a couple of minutes, got him something to drink and changed him, turned the TV on for him, and was back praying - deal with the distractions!

We can't afford not to pray, read the Word of God and fellowship with Him. Everyone of us have unanswered prays out there. When we stop doing (asking, seeking, knocking); God tells the angels "Hold on, she stop praying, stop praising, stop standing on My Word". And the very moment we stop could be the very moment we find what we have been looking, searching and standing for - it could be right at the door......... but you stopped praying, praising. No, missing one or two days of praying is not going to kill you, but you will be weak spiritually - easily distracted, frustrated, irritated and tempted to things not pleasing in God's sight. Now not only are you spiritually weak, but you have a bad attitude and in even bigger trouble/sin than before. You can not afford NOT to PRAY! Deal with the distractions!

Even if you have to start and stop several times a day, don't give up! Start again - continue! God sees your effort, and He will honor you! Continue to press forward in Him, and let the enemy know that he is still a liar and a defeated foe where you and your family are concerned! Keep Praying! Keep Reading God's Word! He sees you!

Remember that God loves you, and He wants you! There is a sinner's prayer on this site if you need to rededicate your life, or start anew with Jesus as Lord and Savior! I love you and so does God!

Tell someone about the blog! You will be helping to spread a word of encouragement and the Word of God!

Did you put your armor on today????

Be Encouraged Today!!!

No comments: