Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Refocus!


Well praise the Lord. The first month of this New Year is about gone. Many of us have set goals, reaching for new opportunities and are making changes to better our lives. I have set health and fitness goals to eat better and tone this year. But so many times we focus on the outside, and we forget about the inside. Yes eating healthy is good for my inside, but I’m talking about our hearts, our spirit man. Fitness has never been a problem for me; I love my workouts and do them every day. I couldn’t say this about “feeding my spirit”. So I have set a goal of reading more of the Word of God and giving Him more of my time. We all get busy with life. We have our families, jobs, businesses, school, groups and clubs. We busy ourselves with so much stuff, but never slow down and give God the time He so greatly deserves. We want Him to be there when we need Him, but won’t even tarry with Him an hour. I am guilty of this. He wants to spend time with us, but we’re too busy. Take the time to quiet yourself, refocus and return back unto our first love, Jesus. Fitness can’t get me into Heaven! Being toned will not help me see Jesus! All of this stuff we busy ourselves with is important, but NONE of it can save our souls. So what’s more important to you?

We have been passive, lazy Christians – I included. We don’t or won’t speak the Word of God concerning our situation(s), and we wonder why things are the way they are. I wrote a blog post years ago entitled “Stop Owning Things God Didn’t Intend for You to Have”. We take ownership of so many things that go against what the Word of God says we can have; yet we say we believe and stand on the Word of God! Recently I was told by the doctor that I have HBP (high blood pressure) – ME! I couldn’t believe this. I exercise and have lost weight, and I eat well; how was this possible?! You can die from High Blood Pressure! If my mom would tell it, she would say I was talking like a fool, and I was. I’m just being real – 100! I had taken ownership of High Blood Pressure. I had my “pity party”, and it was grand. Now that I have settled myself and refocused on what God says, I have stopped talking like a fool. I’m not saying to not take heed what the doctor says, but to rather take that information and check it against what the Word of God says. So once I stopped taking ownership of HBP and refocused on the Word, I was able to say “Ok HBP, you have been identified, and now I know your name.” Somebody help me now! God gave Jesus the NAME that is above ALL names and High Blood Pressure is a “name” (or whatever you are dealing with has a name), and IT has to bow down to the Name of Jesus.” No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises up against me shall be proven wrong. The weapon of HBP was formed, but it cannot and shall not prosper to the end in which it was sent. See HBP had me where I wanted to cry; it had me thinking I was going to die, but thus said the Word of God that I shall live and not die. I have set before you life and death; choose LIFE so that you may live. I have chosen life! By the stripes of Jesus, we WERE healed! Healing is already here; we just have to receive it! See when you refocus on what’s truly important, things are clearer. You can move forward in the confidence that God is in CONTROL!

We have to stay focused or in my case refocus on the Things and Word of God. In His Word, we will find the answers to everything we need. We need to stop being weak-minded, passive, lazy Christians. All we have to do is believe and speak God’s Word, and we won’t even do that! But this is a New Year, a new day with new mercies. You and I still have time to refocus, return back to our first love and begin using the authority that God has given us in His Word. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want any of this junk or pack of lies that I and/or the enemy tells me. I don’t know have to accept it or own it! If God says something different, then that settles it. Whose report will you believe??? I will believe the report of the Lord! PERIOD!

Remember there's a sinner's prayer on this site. If you have back-slid or haven't tasted and seen that the Lord is Good, say this prayer. You don't have to be in a church building to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. There is a moment that will happen, and it will happen in a twinkling of an eye (as fast as you can blink), and those who have confessed Jesus as Lord and have walked according to the Word of God will be raptured up to be with Him forever and ever. Yes, it sounds too fantastical to be real, but don't take the chance that it's not and be left behind. So don't put this off. No one knows the hour or the day when this will take place, but it is for us to be ready when it's time to go. The first step is to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. If you say this prayer, contact me; let me welcome you and personally encouraged you in your new life with Jesus!

No comments: