Wednesday, December 27, 2006

He is Not a Man

I thank God that He is not a mere man - that He is God and doesn't act like man.

He is not a mere man that He will lie - everything He has said in His Word He will do. He is faithful that promises. His mercies are new every morning and His grace is sufficient for us. He loves us unconditionally, and when we sincerely ask for forgiveness, He forgives us.

The Living Water is talking about forgiveness. How often we should forgive the same person? Jesus respond by saying seventy times seven (70 x 7 =490). And He's not talking about over the course of your life, but within a day.

Now, I have not arrived in this area of my Christian walk. I still have alot of work that needs to be done. I have the "I forgive, but don't forget" syndrome. Usually when someone has wronged me, I just "feed that person with a long handled spoon" - meaning that I just don't interact with them as much. I'm social and civil, but I am always watching and waiting.

I used to say all the time that I needed to be on my own island. People can be a disappointment to you if you let it get to you. Those that you thought would never betray you or talk behind your back can cause us to put up a wall and make us less likely to forgive completely as we should. And it's usually the ones you would never expect.

I have this thing that I say about people 'They will grin and skin in your face, but behind your back they only mean you harm'. And that's not how we should think, but we live in system and some people are only out for themselves - I'm just being real.

Some people just like to have something and someone to talk about;while others are just judgmental and try to find fault in others. But don't let people block your blessings by not forgiving them.

Don't you know you block your blessings by holding on to grudges?

Do like I do - I ask the Lord to help me. I also ask that I not be ignorant of the enemy's devices. So when someone is about to do something, the Holy Spirit lets me know. I know my perception of people so I ask the Holy Spirit to help me; He is the helper; the counselor is He not? And you know what, He does help and counsel.

He can and will do the same for you.

Did you put your armor on today????

Be Encouraged Today!!!!!

No comments: