Monday, October 26, 2009

How important is it for you to make it to Heaven?

Hello!

There are so many things in our lives that we deem important. It was important for me to make good grades when I was in school; so I devoted time and effort in my studies, meeting with teachers and professors for additional questions and/or ways to increase my grade. I did all that I knew to increase my chances of having the best grade if not the highest because it was important to me. In both of my pregnancies, it was important to me to have good easy pregnancies, births and healthy children, and I did. I did all my physician instructed me to do. I searched the web for articles and tips to have healthy pregnancies and births (understand all this was done in addition to prayer). Even with my marriage, in addition to prayer, I began to get spiritual books about being a wife/woman God called me to be – it was and is important to me. All I knew about being a wife was what I’d seen others do, and TV (which is not a good model);I’d never been a wife; I wanted to be a wife that God called me to be. Because these things were and are important to me, I did not leave them chance. I got in there, and I studied, developed relationships with teachers/professors, listened to my physician and obeyed, sought out additional ways to have healthy successful pregnancies, birth and children, ways to better myself as a wife. We all have things in our lives that we put a high level of importance. But how important is it for you to make it to Heaven? How often do you think about Jesus’ return? What are you doing to prepare for the return of our Lord Jesus? Do you truly believe that He is coming again? If so, are you ready to go be with Him? If Jesus were to come back as you read this sentence, are you ready? Only you can answer these questions. Only YOU!

Let’s talk about how often we, you think about Jesus’ return. Now there was a point in my life where I did not want to think about this AT ALL. I was not in the will of God nor was I doing things that were pleasing in His sight. You know I’ll tell it on myself first. No, I am not perfect. But when you know better you do better; and that I am. But thank God that I’ve been delivered O Praise the Lord. But I did not want to think about Jesus’ return – I was not ready! Though I went to church, I was not living fully according to God’s will, His Word. I know I’m not the only one who has dealt with this or is dealing with this. But the good thing is that you still have time to get it right on this side – before Jesus returns! The Word of God tell us to consider Jesus:
1SO THEN, brethren, consecrated and set apart for God, who share in the heavenly calling, [thoughtfully and attentively] consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest Whom we confessed [as ours when we embraced the Christian faith]. Hebrews 3:1 (AMP). It tells us, we who are consecrated and set apart for God, to “thoughtfully and attentively” consider Jesus – not only who He is and what He has done and is doing, but about what He will do. He will and is coming back. We don’t just consider some, but ALL. We are to press forward to the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14 – AMP). The Word of God tells us, instructs us in Philippians 4:8 (AMP):
8For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].
I think that Jesus and His return are all these things, and we need to think on, weigh, and take account of Him and His soon approaching return. We need to fix our mind on it! I think if we do this, it will help us stay on the path He has ordained for all our lives.
When you/we began to think about Jesus coming again, it should prompt us to prepare for His return. What are you doing to prepare for His return? Are you reading God’s Word or you praying? Better yet, are you doing the Word of God. I hope that you are. I ask the Holy Spirit to stay on me all the time. I love the Lord’s correction in my life; I ask for correction. It’s important for me to be in His will. I make sure that I read His Word and pray. I’ve set “rules” for myself. For example, I don’t watch TV or get on the internet unless I have prayed (now, I will look at the weather if the kids and I have to get out early in the morning, but I don’t watch the entire program). I’ll pray in the spirit while I do housework. I make the decision everyday to give God some time, just He and I. It helps me to maintain my relationship with Him; it’s important to me. I have to have a relationship with the Lord; my very life depends on it – my salvation depends on it – eternal destination depends on it. But during my time with God, I, every now-and-then, take a self-evaluation of myself. In Haggai chapter 1, it tells us to take a good, hard look at our lives, for us to think it over. And why? Because while we run around caught up with taking care of our own house (our own thing), God’s house is in ruins. Now this is a message that the prophet Haggai had given to King Darius, but God is telling us this as well; it’s put in the Bible so that we don’t make the same mistake; for us to remember. This is why it is important for you to take a self-evaluation of yourself, and be honest. Take that self-evaluation to make sure you are on the right path, in God’s Will, that will prepare you for Jesus’ return. Take care of His House and His business. Whatever you believe God is telling you to do you do it. This is why I do this blog. I want to do my part in getting the gospel out to all who will receive it. I want to do my part in building and taking care of God’s House, the church, His people – not so people can look at me; I could care less. I’m a vessel that is used by God. I asked God to use me, and I am allowing Him to use me. There is nothing in and of myself, but God in me – not my words, but His.

Because you’ve now decided to consider (think) about Jesus and His soon approaching return, you have determined your actions, and those actions are mentioned in Proverbs 4:23
23-27 Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust.

1 Peter 1:13-25 talks about our future in God, and it states:

13-16So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy." 17You call out to God for help and he helps—he's a good Father that way. But don't forget, he's also a responsible Father, and won't let you get by with sloppy living.
18-21Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this was no afterthought. Even though it has only lately—at the end of the ages—become public knowledge, God always knew he was going to do this for you. It's because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.
22-25Now that you've cleaned up your lives by following the truth, love one another as if your lives depended on it. Your new life is not like your old life. Your old birth came from mortal sperm; your new birth comes from God's living Word. Just think: a life conceived by God himself! That's why the prophet said, The old life is a grass life, its beauty as short-lived as wildflowers; Grass dries up, flowers droop, God's Word goes on and on forever. This is the Word that conceived the new life in you.

This says it all. But I will say this, if you are reading this blog, then you know better. DO IT – DO BETTER – DO GOD’S WORD!

I hope for your sake that you truly believe that Jesus is coming again. It may be sooner than you think! I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – whether you believe it or not, Jesus is coming! How important is it for you to make it to Heaven? Make the decision to give thought to Him and His return. Start preparing for His return while there is time to get it right on this side – before He comes, and it’s too late. I really don’t know what more to say to you. I pray God that as you read this that it pricked your heart, and you decided to seriously walk with the Father. Jesus is coming! He is coming! Prepare now! This is not to scare you, but to warn in love. You’ll not be able to say that you didn’t know when you stand before Him. Be ye therefore warned, in love!

Did you put your armor on today???

Be Encouraged Today!!!

Scriptures for www.biblegateway.com




No comments: