Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Second Chances


You know, sometimes when I’m alone and its quiet I think how lucky I am to know God, His Word. I am lucky to be surrounded by those who know and love Him like I do. I’m surrounded by those who are able to impart into my life when I am down. I know that I am blessed to have God and people that know and love God in my life. I know that God loves me unconditionally, and I have people that love me in spite of my shortcomings. I guess I am smart and lucky to have surrounded myself with people like that in my life, and have removed those who do not. I love my mom; she is always there to turn me back in the right direction. I love that she doesn’t let me get away with anything! She is a By-the-Bible type of mom, and if what I am doing or saying doesn’t line up with the Word of God, she will definitely let me know. She also lets me know when I’m talking “crazy” or “like a fool”. I love you Mom for not “sugar-coating” anything for me because God doesn’t sugar-coat anything in His Word. His Word is His Word; it does not change to fit any of our situation or circumstances the way “we”want it to. I know it’s hard to believe that “I” would have foolish things that do not line up with the Word of God, come out of my mouth. I, knowing the Word of God as I do, sometimes say and do things that are out of line with His Word which is His Will for my life. I thank God that I know to quickly repent so that I can learn and grow.

God loves all of us! He loves us so much that He gave His ONLY son to die for us, so that we might be reconciled back unto Him. God gives us second chances to get it right. He knows that we have to deal with this world and our flesh. Sometimes I say stuff like “Bad stuff happens to me all the time”. That is a dumb and stupid thing I use to say. I was speaking evil and not good over my life. It is totally out of line with God’s Word. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me ALL the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever (Psalms 23:6). And if you are saying things like this REPENT! God knows the plan and thoughts He has towards us; they are thoughts of GOOD and NOT evil to give us hope, a future, a wonderful end (Jeremiah 29:110! God gives us second chances when we say and/or do stupid stuff.

When we do things that are out of line with His Word, he gives us second chances to get it right! God wants us to succeed, to make it to Heaven. It is not His will that ANY man shall perish (2 Peter 3:9). I don’t think that God only gives us second chances; if that were the case, a lot of us would be headed for Hell. I think that God gives us second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth chances in every area of our lives. Now this does not give us a license to sin, and believe me, God knows the difference. You can NOT fool Him. We do not habitually sin; you don’t go “sin” and say “I’ll repent when I’m done.” No, that’s not the way it works. What I’m trying to say here is that don’t allow the enemy, the devil, to keep in the place of guilt. When we repent of any of our sin and sincerely mean it, God flings our sins as far as the East is from the West; never to be remembered again (Psalms 103:12). Don’t allow the devil to keep you from repenting! God is MORE than able to forgive us of our sin. When we sincerely repent and turn from that sin, it is under the Blood of Jesus! Please don’t allow the devil or anyone else to bring up old things or even recent things (sins) that you have placed under the Blood. When someone brings it up, say “Yes but it is under the Blood, and I have been redeemed from the curse of the law. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.” Because Jesus had not returned yet, the Rapture hasn’t taken place, you still have a chance to make Him your Lord and Savior. Don’t put this off; your chance to do this will not be there forever.

Did you put your armor on today???

Be Encouraged Today!!!

Remember there's a sinner's prayer on this site. If you have back-slid or haven't tasted and seen that the Lord is Good, say this prayer. You don't have to be in a church building to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. There is a moment that will happen, and it will happen in a twinkling of an eye (as fast as you can blink), and those who have confessed Jesus as Lord and have walked according to the Word of God will be raptured up to be with Him forever and ever. Yes, it sounds too fantastical to be real, but don't take the chance that it's not and be left behind. So don't put this off. No one knows the hour or the day when this will take place, but it is for us to be ready when it's time to go. The first step is to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. If you say this prayer, contact me; let me welcome you and personally encouraged you in your new life with Jesus!

No comments: