Monday, January 15, 2007

God's Greatest Gift

Good Morning:

God is good and He is good all of the time. He is so good that He has given us the greatest gift of all, His son Jesus. The Word of God tells me in John 3: 16 that God so loved the world that He gave His only son, so that everyone that believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. He wants us to live in eternity with Him, and that we shall do.

This is what is on my heart this day. This is a new day, a new year for new beginnings. And I think that we should start it off right by putting our lives under the Blood of Jesus. I not going take for granted that we are all saved and covered by the Blood of the Lamb. But what I want to do today is for us to say the sinners prayer. This way there are no if's, and's or buts - no doubts - concerning our salvation with our Lord Jesus Christ. I want you to say, speak it loud enough for you to hear it, this prayer of salvation. There maybe some that don't know Jesus as Lord or may have loved ones that don't know Him. Or maybe you know Him, but have gotten out of His Will for your life and need to rededicate your life back unto Him. Jesus loves each and everyone of us today. Let us pray!

Heavenly Father:

I come to you this day acknowledging that I am a sinner, and have sinned against you and you alone. I ask that you forgive me of my sins; those things that are known and unknown; those things that have been done in deed, word or thought. I ask you right now to come into my heart. I confess right now that Jesus is Lord, and die for my sins. I believe that God raised Him from the dead, and He, Jesus, is now sitting at the right hand of the Father ever making intercession for me. I thank you Lord right now for being Lord of my life, and that I now have right standing with you, in Jesus' Name I pray, Amen!

This is not something that I made up or something that I heard someone say that sounded good. But this is what the Word of God says in the Bible. Romans 10:9,10 tells that by confessing with our mouth (speaking it aloud), and believing in our heart that Jesus die for us, and that God raised Him on that third, wonderful and glorious day that we can be saved (paraphrasing). It also Romans 5:6-11 says 'You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

This is the very Word of God. Go and seek out this Word for yourself. Mark it in your Bible. Let it be the words that you pray when you're praying for that unsaved husband, wife, child or friend - that they may be reconciled back unto Christ. And if they don't believe you, then here is the very Word of God that says how they can be saved. Remember that when you pray, pray the Word of God. He is faithful that promises, but you have to know what those promises - and to know those promises, we have to know the Word of God.

Did you put your armor on today???? (We will revisit this very soon)

Be Encouraged Today!

No comments: