Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Putting on the Armor of the Lord

Good Morning!

The Lord is great and greatly to be praised! Don't forget to praise the Lord today for He alone is worthy of our praise.

I want to talk about putting on the whole armor of the Lord today. I know we've talked about this before, but I want to revisit this. I want to make sure that this is something you're doing everyday. I want this to be like getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth (hopefully this is something you're doing every morning). This should be an everyday thing. We need to be protected from the tricks of the enemy. Especially since we've rededicated ourselves to the Lord, and you've probably shared that with someone else - you have to understand that the devil is not happy about this. The Bible tells us that the devil comes immediately to steal, kill and destroy. He does not want you to have a relationship with the Father. He wants you to continue as you were; he wants you to think that everything is "ok". But we as children of the Most High God will not be ignorant of the enemies devices. I Peter 5:8,9 reads 'Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith.

Ephesian 6:10-18 is where we find our weapons that the Lord has given us. It reads:

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints praying for all the saint.

I've pray this everyday. I don't pray it in the order above, but this is how I pray. The Bible tells us to be specific in those things we pray for.

Father, I thank you for the weapons you've given me to fight against the wilds, the tricks of the enemy this day, today. I thank you and praise you for my helmet of salvation, for I am saved because I confessed with my mouth and believed in my heart that Jesus died for my sins, and was arisen on that third and glorious day. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father ever making intercession for me - thank you Jesus for praying for me. I thank you Father for my breastplate of righteousness for I am the righteousness in God through Christ Jesus. And because I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus, I can boldly enter the throne room of God and make my request known. Lord, I thank you and praise you for your Word, for your Word is the only truth that's in my life. And I gird my loins - the loins of my heart, my soul and my spirit about with that truth. I thank you and praise that my feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace - every situation, every circumstance that I'll have to go through this day, today, I'll walk in it in peace; the peace that surpasses all understanding; the peace that only you can give. Lord, I thank you and praise you for my Shield of Faith that quenches every fiery dart of the enemy, and that covers me from the tip of my toes to all the way over my head, and as far wide as I am. I thank you Father that I have big faith; I have strong faith to bring in that which I need for me, my family and for others. I have Noah like faith; I have Abraham like faith; I have Moses like faith. I have faith enough even when the situation seems to be hopeless. Lord, I thank you and I praise you for my Sword of the Spirit which is your Word. Every time the devil tries to raise his head up and say anything contrary of who you Word says that I am, what I can do, and I what I can have; I begin to wield that mighty sword by speaking your Word. And the devil has to stop in his operations and cease in his maneuvers against me in the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen!

We are in a war, and everyday we fight battles! The enemy wishes to destroy you, but we have the protection of the Lord; He has given us weapons to stand against the enemy. Use these weapons; print the prayer out and pray it everyday as you would brush your teeth everyday! We are constantly being attacked and hit my the devil because we do not have our armor. Don't you know that the you have the helmet of salvation to protect you from the negative thoughts that will try to depress you. Put on you your helmet so that you want be hit by this. You helmet and your breastplate should remind you who you are and to whom you belong. But if you don't have these things on to remind you, are bombarded depression, oppression and fear. Once you know whose you are, you can walk in peace because you remembered to shod you feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Don't you see how important this is??? Everyday you must do this, and everyday I will ask have you put this armor on.

Did you put your armor on today????

Be Encouraged Today!!!!

No comments: