Thursday, May 3, 2007

Letting Go of the Past

Good Morning:

I just want to say that I am victorious in God through Christ Jesus, and the devil a liar and a defeated foe. Ok, have you ever ministered to someone about Jesus, and they say 'Well, when I get things right in my life, I will come on into the church.....' I have heard this so many times. And what they fail to understand it that it is not up to us to get ourself right before we come into church. God will do the work in you. And no "Poof" or "Presto" and everything that was bad in your life goes away. Salvation is a process. When you and God get one thing in your life on track, trust me, He will start on another area in your life. And just because you still have some things that you are dealing with that are not God like, He still loves you. Aren't you glad that you have "right standing" with God - because you have been made the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. You can now go boldly into the throne room of the Most High God and make your request known unto Him- you can ask Him for forgiveness. I have to have these visit with the Lord daily. And I will continually have to have these visits with Him as long as I'm on this earth. But you know what, God loves when we come talk to Him even if it's something we need to get out of our lives. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what He wants us to do. He wants, can and will help us with those areas of our lives that are not pleasing to Him. He loves us that much. He loves us unconditionally. But His Word says that those He loves He will discipline too (Prov 3:12). God wants us to get it right. He doesn't want us to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. We as children of God are not perfect, but we do not habitually sin either. To those who know to do right and does it not sin against God and Him alone. Just as you wouldn't want your child(ren) to curse (I pray you are correcting if they should), you correct or you discipline them for doing something bad. And what God does is that He takes His hands off of us. God can not look upon our sin. This is why it is so important that we repent daily. I've been in a place where the Lord did not have His hand of protection upon me, and trust me you do not want to go there. Remember, repenting is part of that fellowship God wants so badly to have with each and everyone of us.

Remember to watch what you are saying concerning your situation. Your words have power to kill or give life to your situation. Begin to say what God's Word says concerning your situation, and not what you see, hear or feel.

Did you put your armor on today????

Be Encouraged Today!!!!

No comments: