Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hell is Hot - And I Don't Want To Go!

Hello All:

I know you all are reading this title and are thinking where is she going with this. Well I know none of you need reminding that there is a hell, and I know that you are doing all you know to do in Christ Jesus to make it to Heaven, but please read on…………….

We as Christians know that there is a Heaven and a Hell; and one day, whether you pass on or you’re around for the rapture, you’re going to one of the two (2) places; and no you don’t get to tour each to see which one you would like to spend eternity – you make the choice. Only you can get you to Heaven or to Hell; no one can pray you into Heaven. You have to make the choice to accept Jesus as Lord, and He will become your Savior. The Word of God tells us that life and death has been set before us – blessing and cursing. (Hint: choose LIFE).

There are a few things that could or rather should motivate you to live your life for Christ so that you may go to be with Him in Heaven. And yes, Christ is the ONLY WAY! Anywho, some things that can motivate you to live for Christ are as follow; but not limited to:

Desire to go to Heaven
Healing
Better Quality of Life
To save ones marriage
To have heart’s desire
Have your needs supplied
Here’s another motivation to live your life for Christ – HELL IS HOT!!!!! Though this was one of my main motivations in the beginning, I have matured and want to live my life for Christ because He loves me; He loved me so much that He gave His life to save mine.

Right now we are renting the home we are living in, and the landlord had come to do a routine maintenance of the heating and cooling unit. Well, he left and all was fine (oh yeah, you know where I’m going with this). All of the sudden, it began to get hot in the house (those who know me know that I can’t stand to be hot). The thermostat hit 79 degrees to 81; all the way up to 85 degrees in the house with the A/C running. I could not stand it!! Yes, we got it fixed, but I thought to myself ‘Man, if you can’t take this little heat, you better make sure you don’t go to Hell’. The Lord always has something funny like to say to me; I guess He knows that it will get my attention. Thus this blog post was born!

The Book of Revelations calls Hell “The Lake of Fire”. I don’t know about you, but that sounds really, really, really HOT! Matthew 13:37-42 talks about the world being a field; the good seeds are of the Kingdom of God; the weeds are the sons of the evil one (devil). It says that the weeds (sinners) will be pulled up and burned in the fire; they will be thrown into the “fiery furnace” where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but fiery furnace sound a little on the hot side to me; it’s not a place where I would want to go. Weeping and gnashing of teeth doesn’t sound appealing either. The road to Hell is broad, and many will take this path; and this path leads to destruction. Destruction is not part of my life’s plan so I’m going to try to stay off that path (You see, the Word of God clearly states what we should do. It tells which side we should be on; unless you like the idea of being thrown into a fiery furnace, lake of fire or perhaps you were sold on the destruction part.) I think I’m gonna stick with blessing and life. I’m gonna strive for the goal in Christ, because I can’t take this little heat we have here on earth. I am much too delicate for the “HOT of HELL”.
So choose Christ even if it starts out for the cool of Heaven (smile).

Did you put your armor today???

Be Encouraged Today!!!

No comments: