Monday, August 17, 2009

The Things We Love

Hello, Hello:

Praise the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. Praise the Lord! I am so glad that with all this so called “economic hard-times” (I don’t know about you, but only with my eyes will behold and see the reward of the wicked, which means that I am a spectator only not a participator) that I serve a God that supplies all my needs according to His riches (not mine) that I shall not want for anything. He is my only source. I look unto the hills which cometh my help; my help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth. He owns all the cattle on a thousand hills (Ps 50:11); His streets are paved with gold. He has made me and my family more than conquerors in Him through Christ Jesus. There is nothing He can’t and won’t do for me. But this is not what I want to talk about…………

I want to talk about how we put forth a good effort and a lot of time for the things we truly love, the things we deem important. I was doing a learning activity with my daughter, and I was so proud of her that I became teary-eyed; I felt such love for her. My children’s education of the Word of God and school work is very important to me. I hate to say it but I put more time and effort in teaching my daughter her ABCs and 123s much more than the Word of God. It’s not that I don’t love God or want my children to love and live for Him; it’s that I want so much for her to know her ABCs and 123s before she goes to school. I want her and my son to excel in their school work, but I should and do want them to excel even more in the things of God (when you know better, you do better, and I am doing better). I do try my best t live upright before my children (family). I have made it a habit to pray for every boo-boo. I read them Bible stories too. But I don’t do these nearly as much as their school lesson.

It‘s the same with our lives as Christians young people and adults. We put so much emphasis/importance on our careers, houses, cars, family and friends, and there’s nothing wrong with us making these things important, but they can’t be more important that God. If we love mother, father, brother, sister, children and/or careers more than God, then we are not worthy of the Kingdom of God. We as Christians are to seek first (1st) the Kingdom of God, not our children’s learning lessons, a spouse, house, cars or careers. God said seek His kingdom first and all these things will be added unto you. So many times we get his backwards; I too have been guilty of this. We need Him/His Word more than anything in this world. You might say ‘I need my job more’, but your job can be gone tomorrow. God will always be there for us. He never leaves us nor does He forsake us. Your spouse, kids, family and friends can leave you, but God will always be there. It is so important, especially in these days that we seek the Kingdom of God, God’s Word, like never before. Pastor reminded us today of God’s Word where it says that there will be a famine for the Word of God. Everyone has to seek the Kingdom for themselves; they have to get enough oil for their own lamps. We have to make sure that we get enough of God’s Word everyday to build up our faith; we have to speak it in and over our lives and get it in our spirit. Our faith is in the Word of God (God and His Word are one and the same). How can you have faith in something you don’t know? If we love God the way we say we do, then we will keep all of His commandments. We need to get our priorities straight. If we truly love Him, we should give Him/His Word the level of importance in our lives; and if you don’t know which level it is, it’s the top, number 1 (#1)…………..numeral Uno – get it!
Did you put your armor on today???
Be Encouraged Today!!!

No comments: